If you want answers, this is the place.
Q. Do I need previous restaurant or franchising experience to become a Moe's franchisee?
Yes – both are preferred and restaurant experience is required. If you do not have restaurant experience, you may have an operating partner who is on the franchise agreement.
Q. Does Moe's have single and multi-unit restaurant franchise opportunities?
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to open multi-unit franchises only. We do make exceptions for multi-unit operators of non-traditional locations.
Q. What are the initial franchise fee and royalty fees?
Initial Franchise Fee – $30,000
Royalty Fee – 5% of Net Sales
Marketing Fee – 4%; 2% for National, 1.5% for Local Co-Op, and .5% for Local Store Marketing
Q. What type of training and support will I receive as a new Moe's franchisee?
As a Moe’s franchisee, you will receive the following training and support:
- 3-Week MIT Training Program (Classroom & In-Restaurant Components)
- Grand Opening Support
- On-Going Training (Daily Chat, Hourly Employee Training Tools, Promotion Training Guides)
- Regular Visits from a Franchise Business Consultant
Q. Does Moe's offer financing?
Moe’s has established relationships with qualified lenders that will assist you with your financing needs.
Q. How soon can I expect my Moe's franchise to open?
Your first restaurant will generally open within 12 months of signing your restaurant franchise agreements. That said, if you have real estate already identified, that timeline that can be greatly reduced.
Q. Where are Moe's restaurants generally located?
- Strong anchored (grocery or mass) centers or high visibility convenience centers that offer retail synergy.
- Preferred demographics of: 30,000 minimum population; $50,000+ median income; 15,000 workplace population; median age 40 and below; household size of 2.5+ in a 2-mile drive time radius.
- Size requirements of 2,100-2,800 square feet; in-line or end-cap with 30-40 ft. frontage; outdoor patio seating and tower elements where available; freestanding conversions considered.
- Strong activity with schools, theatres, parks, childcare, hospitals, and sports facilities, which provide additional catering opportunities in addition to driving in-store traffic.
- High visibility locations from street and center traffic; at least 30 parking stalls near space; at least four points of access to center; ability to maximize Moe’s Southwest Grill® franchise signage.
Q. Will I have a protected territory?
Most likely, a protected territory is typically given to every traditional Moe’s location.
Q. Will I receive guidance on purchasing equipment and supplies?
Yes, Moe’s has a preferred vendor program that covers almost every aspects of opening your restaurant.
Q. Will I receive assistance in planning a Moe's grand opening?
Yes, every opening of a Moe’s restaurant receives training, operations, marketing, PR and POS support.